You can access MaxCompute features using the client. This section introduces how to install and configure a client. For more information, see Client.
We recommend that you use the MaxCompute Studio tool. This tool is integrated with the Java environment and allows development and execution of MaxCompute SQL scripts, data management, visual log analysis, JAVA (UDF, MR) development. And the console can also be integratd into this tool. For more information, see What is Studio.
You can also use DataWorks to access MaxCompute. After creating a project on the console, you can directly click Enter Workspace of the specified project in the project list to operate. For more information, see DataWorks.
Since MaxCompute client is developed in Java, make sure you have installed JRE 1.7 or later version first.
- Click download MaxCompute client.
- Decompress it into a folder. After decompression, you can see four following folders:
bin/ conf/ lib/ plugins/
Edit the odps_config.ini file from the conf folder to configure the client:
#AccessID and AccessKey correspond to your Alibaba Cloud account information. You can apply for it on the official website.
# Specify the project you want to use.
# Access URL of the MaxCompute service.
# Access URL of the MaxCompute Tunnel service.
# After task execution, the client returns the LogView address of this task. You can view the detailed execution information of this task at this address.
# Determine whether to enable HTTPS access.
- We recommend that you configure the client according to the region.
- The number sign (#) is used as a comment symbol in the dps_config.ini file. However, the MaxCompute client uses double minus signs (—) as a comment.
- You must create a project before specifying it in the configuration file. For more information, see Create a project.
- MaxCompute provides two service addresses separately on the Internet and the intranet. Different addresses correspond to different download prices. For more information, see Access Domains and Data Centers.
After the configuration file is modified, you can run MaxCompute in bin directory (./bin/odpscmd in Linux, and ./bin/odpscmd.bat in Windows), for example:
create table tbl1(id bigint);
insert overwrite table tbl1 select count(*) from tbl1;
select 'welcome to MaxCompute!' from tbl1;
For more information about SQL statements, see Summary.