Before using Server Load Balancer, you must create at least two ECS instances and deploy corresponding applications. Then, add the ECS instances to the Server Load Balancer instance to process distributed client requests.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances and then click Create Instance.
- On the Elastic Compute Services (ECS) page, configure the ECS instance.
The following are ECS settings used in this tutorial. You can change the configuration according to your needs.
- Region: Server Load Balancer does not support cross-region deployment. The region must be the same for the Server Load Balancer instance and the ECS instances. In this tutorial, select China East 1.
- Network Type: In this tutorial, select VPC. Use the default VPC and VSwitch.
- Operating System: In this tutorial, select Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.
- Number of Instances: In this tutorial, select 2. The system simultaneously creates two ECS instances with identical settings.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.
- Go back to the Instance List page and click China (Hangzhou). The two newly created ECS instances are displayed. Hover the mouse pointer over one instance name and click the displayed pencil icon to change the instance name to ECS01. Then change the other instance name to ECS02.