This topic describes how to manage mount points in the Apsara File Storage NAS console. The management includes creating, deleting, enabling, and disabling mount points. It also includes viewing a list of mount points and modifying the permission group of a mount point.
Create a mount target
NAS General-purpose file systems support mount points of the VPC and classic network types. You can create up to two mount points for each file system.
- Log on to the NAS console.
- Choose .
- Find the target file system and choose .
- In the Add Mount Point dialog box, configure the required parameters.
Mount Point Type: specifies the network type of mount point. Valid values: VPC and classic network.
- If you want to create a mount point of the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) type, configure
the parameters that are described in the following table.
Parameter Description VPC Network The VPC where the mount point resides. If no VPC exists, create a VPC in the VPC console.Note The VPC and VSwitch that you select must be the same as those of the ECS instance on which you mount a file system. An Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance and a file system may reside in different VPCs. To enable communication between the ECS instance and the file system, you can use Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) to connect VPCs. For more information, see Enable a cross-VPC mount for a file system. VSwitch The VSwitch that resides in the VPC. Permission Group The permission group.
The VPC default permission group is generated for each Alibaba Cloud account, which allows access to the file system through the mount point from all IP addresses of the VPC. For more information about how to create a permission group, see Create a permission group and add rules.
- If you want to create a mount point in a classic network, configure the parameter
that is described in the following table.
Parameter Description Permission groupThe permission group.Note
- You can add a mount point of the classic network type only in a region that resides in China.
- You can attach a mount point of the classic network type only to an ECS instance.
- If you want to create a mount point of the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) type, configure the parameters that are described in the following table.
- After the configuration is complete, click OK.
View a list of mount targets
View a list of clients on which a file system is mounted
Enable or disable a mount target
- To deny access to the mount target from clients, click Disable.
- To allow access to the mount target from clients, click Enable.
Delete a mount target
To delete a mount target, click Delete.
Modify the permission group of a mount target
To modify the permission group of a mount target, click Modify Permission Group. For more information about permission groups, see Manage permission groups.