This topic describes how to manage file systems in the Network Attached Storage (NAS) console. The management includes creating and deleting file systems. It also includes viewing a list of file systems and the details of each file system.
Create file systems
- Log on to the NAS console.
- Choose Create File System. and click
- In the Create File System dialog box, configure the required settings.
Name Description RegionSelect a region where you need to create a file system.Note
- When a file system and an ECS instance are located in different regions, you cannot mount the file system on the ECS instance.
- The supported storage types and protocol types of a file system change based on the region. For more information, see Storage types and protocol types supported by NAS in different regions.
- You can create a maximum of 20 file systems in a region by using an Alibaba Cloud account.
Storage TypeValid values: SSD performance-type and Capacity-type.Note The maximum capacity of a NAS Performance file system is 1 PB. The maximum capacity of a NAS Capacity file system is 10 PB. The billing method is pay-as-you-go. Protocol Type
Valid values: NFS (including NFSv3 and NFSv4) and SMB (2.1 and later).
NFS is used to share files stored on an ECS instance that runs Linux. SMB is used to share files stored on an ECS instance that runs Windows.
Each region has many isolated locations known as zones. The power supply and network of each zone are independent.Select a zone from the drop-down list. We recommend that you select the same zone where the target ECS instance is located.Note When a file system and an ECS instance are located in different zones in the same region, you can mount the file system on the ECS instance.
Storage packages are an alternative billing method. It provides extra discount based on the pay-as-you-go billing method. If you do not purchase a storage package, the default billing method is pay-as-you-go. For more information, see Pricing.
- Click OK to create the new file system.
View the list of file systems
On the File System List page, you can view the list of all file systems in a region. On the File System List page, locate the target file system and click Edit to modify the name of the file system.
View the details of a file system
Locate the target file system, and click the file system ID or Manage to open the File System Details page. You can view basic information, storage packages, and mount points of the file system.
Delete a file system
- Before deleting a file system, you must remove all mount points of the file system.
- Use caution while deleting a file system. After a file system is deleted, the data on the file system cannot be restored.