This topic describes how to configure a CNAME record on Xinnet. After you add a domain name for CDN, Alibaba Cloud CDN assigns a canonical domain name (CNAME) to the domain name for CDN. You must add a CNAME record to map the domain name for CDN to the canonical domain name. This ensures that Alibaba Cloud CDN can direct the requests that are destined for the domain name for CDN to Alibaba Cloud CDN nodes.
- Obtain the CNAME domain for an accelerated domain.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, copy the CNAME domain of your accelerated domain.
- Add a CNAME record to Xinnet. To add a CNAME record to Xinnet, complete these steps:
- Log on to the DNS console of Xinnet. On the Manage DNS page for the target domain name, click Add Record. Log on to the DNS console of Xinnet. On the Manage DNS page for the target domain name, click Add Record, and set the following parameters:
- Type: Select
CNAMEfrom the drop-down list.
- Host: Enter the prefix of the accelerated domain.
Accelerated domain Host
- ISP Line: Use the default value.
- Value: Enter the CNAME domain that you have copied in step 1.
- TTL: Use the default value.
- Type: Select
- Click Submit. The CNAME record is added. Immediately after you add the record on Alibaba Cloud DNS, the CNAME record takes effect, and the CDN service is automatically enabled.Note
- If you modify the CNAME record, the record takes effect within 72 hours after the modification.
- After you add a CNAME record, it takes approximately 10 minutes to update the status in the console. The message "You must add the CNAME record" may still appear on the Domain Names page. Ignore this message.
- Log on to the DNS console of Xinnet. On the Manage DNS page for the target domain name, click Add Record.
- Check whether a new CNAME record takes effect.
- Open the Command Prompt in Windows.
- Enter ping or dig and the accelerated domain.If the output includes
*.*kunlun*.com, both the CNAME record and the CDN service have taken effect.