- If MD5 verification is configured for files on the origin server, do not enable HTML
The HTML optimization feature changes the MD5 value of a file. After the file is optimized, the MD5 value of the file is no longer the same as the original file stored on the origin server.
- If the origin server has Gzip or Brotli compression enabled, HTML optimization does
not take effect. Alibaba Cloud CDN directly returns compressed files to clients.
If you want to enable HTML optimization without disabling Gzip or Brotli compression on the origin server, you can set Alibaba Cloud CDN to delete the Accept-Encoding header from requests before they are redirected to the origin server. This way, both HTML optimization and Gzip or Brotli compression can work at the same time. For more information about how to delete the Accept-Encoding header, see Customize an HTTP request header.
- If both HTML optimization and Intelligent or Brotli compression are enabled, HTML optimization does not take effect. Alibaba Cloud CDN only compresses files.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, find the domain name that you want to manage and click Manage in the Actions column of the domain name.
- In the management pane of the domain name, click Optimization.
- Turn on HTML Optimization: Alibaba Cloud CDN optimizes HTML pages.
- Turn on CSS Optimization: Alibaba Cloud CDN optimizes CSS styling.