High-performance and stable live broadcast technical support is provided for video broadcast platforms, including interactive online educational websites, live broadcast gaming sites, personal live shows, and live broadcast platforms of event or vertical industry type. Currently, acceleration is applicable to
FLV live broadcasts.
See Quick Start. Make sure you select Acceleration of live streaming media for the business type.
NOTE:This business type does not support the custom live streaming server. The origin site address live-origin.alivecdn.com of the Alibaba Cloud CDN live broadcast center is used.
Stream push address
Operation on the console: Select the CDN domain for live broadcast in [Domain Name Management] and click [Configuration] to go to the configuration page.
- By default, the number of pushed streams is limited to 20.
- video-center.alivecdn.com is the domain name of the live streaming server. At present, it does not support customization.
- app-name indicates the application name. Customization is supported. The application name may include letters, numbers, and underscores. Special characters are not allowed. Modification is supported. The length must not exceed 255 characters.
- video-name indicates the stream name. Customization is supported. The stream name may include letters, numbers, and underscores. Special characters are not allowed. Modification is supported. The length cannot exceed 255 characters.
- vhost indicates the final domain name for broadcast on the edge node, that is, your CDN domain (For example: test.example.com).
- Based on the pushed streams, three reading modes are supported on edge nodes:
- The following figure shows the location of a stream push address on the console.
After the domains are added, use the appropriate feature to configure the CDN domains based on your business needs. All domain configurations are optional. The following configurations are recommended for the acceleration of “live streaming media”.
Authentication settings: The URL authentication feature is implemented by collaboration between the Alibaba Cloud CDN nodes and client resource sites to provide a more secure and reliable way to protect origin server resources from theft.
- Currently, the same authentication scheme is adopted for stream push and stream playback.
- The CDN domain performs stream push and playback only after authentication configuration is completed. Currently, the live broadcast business type supports the A-type authentication method only.
- The streaming and playback addresses must receive authentication signature calculations respectively. Every signature is calculated based on the URL strictly, so you cannot apply the signature calculated from the streaming URL to the playback address. Similarly, different stream playback addresses correspond to different authentication calculation results.
- During signature calculation, no parameter is included in the URL. For example, during calculation of authentication signature for stream push,
?vhost=test.yourcompany.comis not included.
|Authentication setting||Authentication method: Method A
Authentication key: test123
valid time: 3,600s
|Stream push address||
|Stream playback address (take the FLV format as an example)||
- Notify_URL Setting: Real-time stream status feedback is implemented by sending GET requests to the user server through the HTTP interface, so that the user can learn the real-time video stream push status. The user server returns 200 responses to the interface. The default return value “1” indicates successful reception. If “0” is returned, the request fails to be received.