This topic describes how to switch the billing method of a data synchronization instance or change tracking instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription. The switch of the billing method has no impact on the underlying channels.
A subscription instance is created. The subscription instance meets the following requirements:
- For a data synchronization instance, the following parameters of the subscription instance are the same as those of the data synchronization instance: Source Instance, Source Region, Target Instance, Target Region, and Synchronization Topology.
- For a change tracking instance, the Source Region parameter of the subscription instance is the same as that of the change tracking instance.
For more information about how to purchase a data synchronization instance or change tracking instance, see Purchase procedure.
- The billing method of subscription instances cannot be switched to pay-as-you-go. To prevent resource waste, determine whether you need to switch the billing method of your resources.
- Data migration instances are all pay-as-you-go instances. You do not need to switch the billing method of data migration instances.
- The switch of the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription has no impact on the underlying channels.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Change Tracking or Data Synchronization.
- Find the target instance and click Switch to Subscription in the Actions column.
- In the Switch to Subscription dialog box, select the subscription instance that you have created.
Note After the billing method is switched from pay-as-you-go to subscription, DTS releases the pay-as-you-go instance.
- Click OK.