If the current instance specification does not meet your business requirements, you can upgrade the instance specification.
- A data migration task is in the Migrating, Paused, or Migration Failed state.
- The task is a data migration task or a data synchronization task. You cannot upgrade the instance specifications of change tracking channels.
- You can only upgrade instance specifications. You cannot downgrade instance specifications.
- The upgrade operation causes latency of about 5 seconds for incremental data migration and data synchronization. We recommend that you perform this operation during off-peak hours.
- Subscription instance
Total fee for upgrading the instance specification = (Daily fee of the instance after upgrade ‒ Daily fee of the instance before upgrade) × (Subscription expiration date ‒ Upgrade date)Note The daily fee of an instance after the upgrade depends on the number of remaining days from the upgrade date to the expiration date.
- If the number of remaining days is less than 300 days, the fee of the instance after upgrade equals the fee offered by monthly subscription.
- If the number of remaining days is greater than or equal to 300 days, the fee of the instance after upgrade equals the fee offered by annual subscription.
- Pay-as-you-go instance
After you upgrade the specification of a pay-as-you-go instance, you are still billed on an hourly basis. The fees are calculated based on the instance specification.
For more information about the pricing of DTS, see Pricing.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Migration or Data Synchronization.
- Find the target instance and click Upgrade in the Actions column.
- Select an instance specification and select Data Transmission Service Agreement of Service.
- Select a new specification for your data migration task.
- Select a new specification for your data synchronization task.
- This topic provides a general introduction. The actual pages in the DTS console may be different.
- Before you can change the synchronization topology, you must meet all the relevant requirements. For more information, see Upgrade synchronization topology from one-way to two-way.
- Click Activate to complete the payment.