Data Transmission Service (DTS) supports data transmission among data sources such as RDBMS, NoSQL, OLAP databases. DTS integrates data migration, change tracking, and data synchronization to help you build data schemas that feature security, scalability, and high availability.
Benefits of DTS
DTS has the following advantages over traditional data migration and synchronization tools: high compatibility, high performance, security, reliability, and ease of use. DTS helps you simplify data transmission, allowing you to focus on business development.
- DTS provides high channel stability and data reliability.
- The data migration, change tracking, and data synchronization features provided by DTS support homogeneous and heterogeneous data sources.
- DTS supports disaster recovery of nodes. A failing channel can recover within seconds.
- DTS supports resumable transmission to resolve transmission interruptions caused by hardware, network, and other exceptions.
- DTS supports the use of RAM user accounts and Alibaba Cloud accounts. You can create and manage DTS instances as a RAM user, which improves the data security of your company. For more information, see Use a system policy to authorize a RAM user to manage DTS instances.
Data sources supported by DTS
DTS supports multiple types of data sources, such as relational databases, non-relational databases, and OLAP databases. For more information, see Supported databases.
For more information, see Pricing.
|Data migration||You can use DTS to migrate data between homogeneous and heterogeneous data sources. Typical scenarios include data migration to Alibaba Cloud, data migration between instances within Alibaba Cloud, and database splitting and scale-out.|
|Data synchronization||You can use DTS to synchronize data between data sources in real time. This feature applies to the following scenarios: active geo-redundancy, geo-disaster recovery, zone-disaster recovery, cross-border data synchronization, query load balancing, cloud BI systems, and real-time data warehousing.|
You can use DTS to retrieve incremental data from user-created MySQL databases, ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL in real time. This feature applies to the following scenarios: cache updates, business decoupling, asynchronous data processing, real-time synchronization of heterogeneous data, and real-time data synchronization with complex ETL operations.
You can create and manage DTS instances, configure tasks, and perform instance O&M in the DTS console.
- ECS: User-created databases hosted on ECS instances can serve as the data sources for data migration, data synchronization, and change tracking.
- ApsaraDB for RDS: ApsaraDB for RDS is a stable, reliable, and scalable online database service. It provides a complete solution that includes backup, recovery, and migration, and allows you to focus more on services rather than database O&M.
- ApsaraDB for PolarDB: ApsaraDB for PolarDB is a next-generation relational database service developed by Alibaba Cloud. It is compatible with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle database engines. With superior performance in storage and computing, ApsaraDB for PolarDB can meet the diverse requirements of enterprises. An ApsaraDB for PolarDB cluster has a maximum storage space of 100 TB and can be configured with a maximum of 16 nodes.
- DRDS: Distributed Relational Database Service (DRDS) is a distributed database product developed by Alibaba Group to resolve scalability issues with single-host relational databases. DRDS is compatible with MySQL protocols and syntax. DRDS supports table sharding, smooth scaling, auto scaling, and transparent read/write splitting. DRDS provides O&M capabilities for distributed databases throughout their entire lifecycle.
- ApsaraDB for Redis: ApsaraDB for Redis is an online key-value storage service that has high performance and is compatible with the open-source Redis protocol.
- ApsaraDB for MongoDB: ApsaraDB for MongoDB is an online database service that is based on the Apsara system and high-reliability storage engine. ApsaraDB for MongoDB provides solutions for high-availability architecture with multiple node replica sets, auto scaling, disaster recovery, backup and rollback, and performance optimization.