ApsaraDB for MongoDB supports standalone, replica set, and sharded cluster deployment architectures and provides enterprise-class capabilities such as security audit and point-in-time backup. These features have been widely used in the Internet, IoT, gaming, and finance industries.
ApsaraDB for MongoDB uses the architecture of three-node replica sets to guarantee high availability. Three data nodes are located on different physical servers and automatically synchronize data. The primary and secondary nodes are configured with different endpoints. MongoDB drivers allocate read/write requests to them. For more information about the architecture, see Architecture of ApsaraDB for MongoDB.
Flexible business scenarios
ApsaraDB for MongoDB has no schema and is suitable for startup business needs. You do not need to worry about changing schemas. You can store structured data in ApsaraDB RDS, flexible business data in ApsaraDB for MongoDB, and hot data in ApsaraDB for Redis or ApsaraDB for Memcache. This helps you write and read business data with high efficiency and reduce the cost of data storage.
ApsaraDB for MongoDB supports two-dimensional spatial indexes. Therefore, ApsaraDB for MongoDB can provide support for location-based apps. Its dynamic storage mode is also suitable for storing heterogeneous data from multiple systems. This satisfies the requirements of apps.
ApsaraDB for MongoDB has features such as high performance and asynchronous data writing. It can achieve the processing capability of an in-memory database in specific scenarios. In a sharded cluster instance of ApsaraDB for MongoDB, you can adjust the configuration and quantity of mongos and shards to improve performance and expand storage space without limits. ApsaraDB for MongoDB is suitable for IoT scenarios with highly concurrent write operations. For more information, see Configuration change overview.
ApsaraDB for MongoDB provides a secondary index feature for dynamic queries. It can use the MapReduce aggregation framework of MongoDB to conduct multidimensional data analysis.
Applications in various fields
- Game applications: use ApsaraDB for MongoDB as a database for game servers to store user information. Gaming equipment and credits of users are directly stored in embedded documents to facilitate queries and updates.
- Logistics applications: use ApsaraDB for MongoDB to store order information. The order status is constantly updated during the shipping process and is stored in the form of an embedded array in ApsaraDB for MongoDB. You can read all the changes in an order by using a single query, which is convenient, quick, and clear.
- Social networking applications: use ApsaraDB for MongoDB to store user information and the information of the WeChat moments published by users. They can use geographical location indexes to search nearby people and places. Additionally, ApsaraDB for MongoDB is suitable for storing chat history because ApsaraDB for MongoDB provides rich queries and is fast in both writing and reading.
- Live video streaming: uses ApsaraDB for MongoDB to store user information and gift information.
- Big data applications: uses ApsaraDB for MongoDB as the cloud storage system for big data. ApsaraDB for MongoDB can extract and analyze data at any time to master industry trends.