- During the specification changes, the instance may be disconnected for seconds. We
recommend that you change specifications of an instance during off-peak hours. Make
sure that your applications can automatically reconnect to the instance after disconnection.
- After you change specifications, the instance is billed based on the new specifications.
- You can change the instance specifications at your convenience within the contract
period. However, if an unpaid renewal order exists under the same account, specification
changes are not allowed.
- Total fees for upgrading an instance = (Daily fees of the instance after upgrade -
Daily fees of the instance before upgrade) × (Number of days between the subscription
expiration date and the upgrade date)
- If the remaining days before service expiration are less than 365 days, the fees are
charged based on the monthly subscription price. If the remaining days are greater
than or equal to 365 days, the fees are charged based on the annual subscription price.
- The new specifications that you select during renewal take effect in the new billing
cycle. Your instance is billed based on the new specifications and subscription period.
For example, if a subscribed instance expires on June 20, 2017 and you renew the instance
and upgrade the instance specifications on May 10, 2017, then the instance will be
renewed and upgraded on June 20, 2017.
- If you upgrade or downgrade an instance during the renewal, the instance is billed
based on the new specifications and subscription period.
- The instance is billed based on the specifications that are used when the system generates
a billing order.
- For more information about the specification changes procedure, see Change specifications.