This topic describes how to use the data asset management feature of Data Management (DMS) to manage metadata, data lineage, sensitive data, and data quality in a centralized manner for AnalyticDB for MySQL clusters.
AnalyticDB for MySQL contains large amounts of core data or data valuable for both internal and external use. In addition to figures, the data also contains information that can reveal entire business operations, including their business logic and definition. All the data is considered enterprise data assets. Data assets are the projection of enterprises in the digital world and are crucial to enterprise operations or digital transformation. Therefore, comprehensive management of data assets is required. The data asset management feature of DMS can make data assets visible, available, and secure. This helps enterprises mine data value during enterprise operations, generate more data assets, and form a positive cycle.
AnalyticDB for MySQL clusters in the Indonesia (Jakarta) region do not support the end-to-end data management feature.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for MySQL console by your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where clusters reside.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters.
- On the V3.0 Clusters tab, click the target Cluster ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose . Note
- When you log on to an AnalyticDB for MySQL database from the DMS console and use the task development and scheduling feature for the first time, you must first configure the database logon information. For more information, see Log on to a database.
- For an AnalyticDB for MySQL database to which you have logged on before and the control mode of the cluster is Flexible Management or Stable Change, if Remember password is not selected when you configure the database logon information, you must enter the password of your database account in the dialog box that appears after you go to the DMS console. Then, you can perform subsequent operations. For more information about the control modes, see Control modes.
- On the Data Assets tab, perform the following operations:
- View table metadataIn the left-side navigation pane, click Home. On the page that appears, enter a keyword in the search box, select Table, and then click Details corresponding to the table that you want to manage to go to the Tables page.Note
On the Tables page, you can also view the detailed information of a table, such as the character set used by the table, the database to which the table belongs, and permissions granted to the current account on the table. You can also view the data lineage and quality of the destination table.
- You can view the search results from the table dimension only when the control mode of the cluster is set to Secure Collaboration. For more information, see Control modes.
- In the Advanced options section, you can select more dimensions to filter the search results.
- Asset DashboardIn the left-side navigation pane, click Asset Dashboard to view the statistics of all data assets within your account, such as Instance Distributions, Database Distributions, and Table Distributions.
- Sensitive Data
In the left-side navigation pane, click Sensitive Data to manage data assets on the Data Masking Management or Row Level Security tab.For example, you can click the Data Masking Management tab, click Data Masking Rule, and then click Create Rule to create a data masking rule.Note Data masking management is supported for tables only when the control mode of the cluster is set to Secure Collaboration. For more information, see Control modes.
- CategoryIn the left-side navigation pane, click Category to manage data assets by category. You can create subcategories under the category that you want to manage. You can add categories on the Instances, Databases, and Tables tab to each category. For example, you can add the
finish_ordercategories to the
In the left-side navigation pane, click Instance to batch manage all the clusters or databases within your account.For example, you can select multiple instances and batch modify, disable, or delete them.
- View table metadata