The following table lists the instance and data retention policies and renewal billing details when an ApsaraDB for Redis instance expires or payment for the instance is overdue.
||Handling in the case of expiration/overdue payment
- The system determines, based on the average amount payable over the last 24 hours for the ApsaraDB for Redis service, whether the remaining account balance is sufficient to pay for the next three billing cycles. If the remaining account balance is insufficient, you receive an SMS or email notification.
- If the remaining account balance is less than the account payable of the previous bill, payment for the instance is overdue. You receive an SMS or email for instance renewal notification within 24 hours after your account has overdue payment. If you recharge your account within the 24 hours, your ApsaraDB for Redis service does not stop. During this period of time, Alibaba Cloud continues billing your account for the instance. We recommend that you pay off all the due bills as soon as possible to continue using the instance.
- Your delinquent Pay-As-You-Go instance is suspended and billing stops if you fail to renew your service within 24 hours. If you recharge your delinquent account and clear the overdue payment within the following 15 days, the suspended instance is re-activated automatically. If you fail to clear the overdue payment after 15 days, it is deemed that you forfeit the instance. In this case, the data stored in the instance is deleted and cannot be recovered. You receive an SMS or email notification one day before the release of the instance.
|A Pay-As-You-Go instance is billed according to the actual usage time, so no renewal is required. You can recharge your account on the Redis console.
||Your subscribed instance is suspended if you fail to renew it by the due time. If you fail to clear the overdue payment after 15 days, it is deemed that you forfeit the instance. In this case, the data stored in the instance is deleted and cannot be recovered. You receive an SMS or email notification one day before the release of the instance.
- To avoid data loss in case you miss the renewal time, you can activate automatic renewal after you buy an instance.
- You can renew the instance within the contract period or 15 days after contract expiration.
- The renewed instance is billed based on the configuration and length of service time you select during renewal.
- For more information about the renewal procedure, see Renewal.