ApsaraDB for Redis allows you to change the configurations of instances. You can change the configurations such as the architecture and specifications to meet different performance and capacity requirements.
For more information, see Configuration change.
Change process and impact
- The cluster architecture imposes requirements on Lua scripts. After you change an instance to the cluster architecture, the Lua scripts may be lost because the script content does not meet the requirements. You must back up the Lua scripts in advance. For more information, see Limits on commands supported by cluster instances.
- If you change the configurations of an instance, the instance may be disconnected
for no more than 30 seconds for one or two times. For Luttece clients, the instance
may be disconnected for 2 to 10 minutes.
Note We recommend that you set the Switching Time parameter to Switch Within Maintenance Window when you change the configurations of an instance. In this case, the instance configurations are changed and transient connections occur in the next maintenance window.
- To synchronize incremental data from the original instance to the new instance and prevent doublewrite caused by the DNS cache, the instance becomes read-only for less than 1 minute during the configuration change. This ensures data consistency between the new instance and the original instance.
- To ensure higher performance and stability, the system updates the minor version of an instance to the latest version during the configuration change.
|Regular ApsaraDB for Redis instance||
|Child instance in a distributed instance||
Manually change the configurations of an instance
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the instance.
- Perform one of the operations described in the following table based on the billing
method of your instance.
Billing method Description Pay-as-you-go
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Change Configurations .
- On the Upgrade/Downgrade page, select the configurations and click Buy Now.
Note We recommend that you set the Switching Time parameter to Switch Within Maintenance Window when you change the configurations of an instance. In this case, the instance configurations are changed in the next maintenance window.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Upgrade or Downgrade.
- On the Upgrade/Downgrade page, select the configurations and click Pay.
- Complete the payment.
|ModifyInstanceSpec||Changes the configurations of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|