RDS offers the instance monitoring function, and sends messages to you after detecting an exception in an instance. In addition, when the instance is locked due to the insufficient disk space, the system sends a message to you.
Alibaba CloudMonitor offers monitoring and alarming. CloudMonitor helps you set alarm rules for metrics. You must add alarm contacts while set a contact group. The alarm contacts and the contact group are notified immediately when an alarm is triggered in the event of exceptions. You can create an alarm contact group using a related metric.
- Log on to the RDS console .
- Select the region where the target instance is located.
- Click the ID of the instance to visit the Basic Information page.
- Click Monitoring and Alarms in the left-side navigation pane.
- Click the Alarms tab.
- Click Set Alarm Rules to open the CloudMonitor console.
Note You can click Refresh to manually refresh the current status of the alarm metric.
- Select Alarm Contact Management page.
Note When alarm rules are set for the first time, if the alarm notification object is not a contact of the Alibaba Cloud account of RDS, the alarm contact and alarm contact group must be created first. If you have already set the alarm contact and the alarm contact group, go to Step 10.
in the left-side navigation pane to open the
- Click Create Alarm Contact.
- Enter the alarm contact information in the Set Alarm Contact dialog box, click Send verification code, enter the verification code sent to your mailbox, and click Save.
- We recommend that you perform the next step to create the alarm contact group after you add all alarm notification objects.
- Click Edit to modify a contact, or click Delete to delete a contact.
- On the Alarm Contact Management page, click the Alarm Contact Group tab.
- Click Create Alarm Contact Group.
- Fill in Group Name and Description, select a contact from Existing Contacts, click to add the contact to Selected Contacts, and click OK.
Note On the Alarm Contact Group page, you can click to modify a contact group, click X to delete a contact group, or click Delete to delete a contact in the contact group.
- After creating the alarm contact group, choose from the left-side navigation pane.
- Select the region of RDS for which the alarm rule is to be set.
- Find the target instance and click Alarm Rules in the Actions column.
The system displays the metrics of the current alarm.
- Click Create Alarm Rule to add new alarm rules.
Note You can click Modify, Disable, or Delete for the metrics as needed.