Depending on the business change, you can manually release Pay-As-You-Go instances, but not Subscription instances. This document describes how to release an instance manually.
Subscription instances are released automatically when they are overdue.
The instance is in Running status.
If the master instance enabled the read/write splitting function, to release the last read-only instance, you must Disable read/write splitting first.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the region where the target instance is located.
- Click the ID of the target instance to visit the Basic Information page.
- In the Operating Status area, click Release Instance, as shown in the following figure.
- In the dialog box, click Confirm to release the instance.