This topic describes how to connect to an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance. After the initial configuration is complete, you can connect to your RDS instance from an ECS instance or your computer.
- An RDS instance running SQL Server is created. For more information. For more information, see Create an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance.
- A whitelist is configured for the created RDS instance that runs SQL Server. For more information, see Configure a whitelist for an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance.
- An account is created for the created RDS instance that runs SQL Server. For more information, see Create an account for an RDS SQL Server instancy.
Use DMS to connect to an instance
Data Management (DMS) allows you to manage relational databases and NoSQL databases. It supports data management, structure management, account authorization, security audit, data trends, data trace, BI charts, and performance trends and optimization.
For more information, see Use DMS to log on to an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.
Use a client to connect to an RDS instance
The Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) client is used in the following example:
- Start the SSMS client on your ECS instance or computer.
- Choose .
- In the Connect to Server dialog box that appears, enter the logon information.
Parameter Description Server type Select Database Engine. Server name Enter the endpoint and port number of the RDS instance. The endpoint and the port number are separated with a comma (,). Example:
To view the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of the RDS instance, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the RDS instance resides.
- Find the RDS instance and click its ID.
- In the Basic Information section,.view the internal and public endpoints and port numbers of the RDS instance.
Authentication Select SQL Server Authentication. Login Enter the username of the account that is authorized to manage the RDS instance. Password Enter the password of the account that is authorized to manage the RDS instance.
- Click Connect.
How do I obtain the data of an RDS instance from Function Compute?
You can install third-party dependencies for your functions in Function Compute and use built-in modules to obtain the data of an RDS instance. For more information, see Install third-party dependencies.