This topic describes how to connect to an RDS SQL Server instance. After the initial configuration is complete, you can connect to your RDS instance from an ECS instance or your computer.
Use DMS to connect to an instance
DMS is a graphical data management service provided by Alibaba Cloud. It can be used to manage non-relational databases and relational databases, and supports data and schema management, user authorization, security audit, data trends, data tracking, BI charts, and performance and optimization.
For more information, see Use DMS to log on to an RDS instance.
Use a client to connect to an instance
This topic describes how to use the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) client to connect to an RDS instance.
- Start the SSMS client in an ECS instance or your computer.
- Choose .
- In the displayed Connect to Server dialog box, enter the logon information.
Parameter Description Server type Select Database Engine. Server name Enter the connection address and the port number of the RDS instance. Separate the address and the port number with a comma (,), such as
The following procedure shows how to view the internal and public addresses and the port number of the RDS instance:
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the instance is located.
- Click the ID of the instance.
- Find the internal IP address and port number, or the public IP address and port number of the instance in the Basic Information section, as shown in the following figure.
Authentication Select SQL Server Authentication. Login Enter the account name of the RDS instance. Password Enter the password of the account of the RDS instance.
- Click Connect.