This topic describes how to create a database on a MyBase for SQL Server instance.
A MyBase for SQL Server instance is created. For more information, see Create a MyBase for SQL Server instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create a dedicated
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Find the instance that you want to release, and click Details in the Actions column to go to the details page of the instance in the ApsaraDB RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Databases.
- Click Create Database.
- In the dialog box that appears, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Database Name Enter a name for the database. The name must be 2 to 64 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). The name must start with a letter and end with a letter or a digit. Supported Character Set Select a character set that is supported by the database. Authorized Account: Select an account to which you want to grant the permissions on the database. Then, set Account Type to Read/Write, Read-only, or Owner.
If no account is created, you can leave the Authorized Account parameter empty.Note You can use an account to create tables, delete tables, and modify table schemas in the database only if the account has the Owner permissions on the database.
Description Enter a description that helps identify the account. The description can be up to 256 characters in length.
- Click Create. Note Databases that are created on a MyBase for SQL Server instance share all the resources that belong to the instance. You can execute SQL statements to manage standard accounts and databases. For more information, see Create and manage databases on an ApsaraDB RDS for SQL Server instance by using SQL statements.