Container Service is a high-performance and scalable container application management service, which enables you to manage application lifecycles by using Docker containers.
Container Service provides multiple application release methods and the continuous delivery ability, and supports microservice architecture. By simplifying the setup of container management cluster and integrating with the Alibaba Cloud abilities of virtualization, storage, network, and security, Container Service makes an ideal running cloud environment for Docker.
Container Service, as a cluster management service, allows you to:
- Select regions to create and delete clusters per your needs.
- Select environments with either classic network or Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
Container Service allows you to:
- Authorize Container Service to create Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances and add them to a specified cluster.
- Add purchased ECS instances to a specified cluster.
As a one-stop service that manages container lifecycles, Container Service provides the following features:
- Network: Container Service supports intercommunication between containers across hosts by using domain names defined by container name or hostname.
- Storage: Container Service supports data volume management. OSSFS and Network Attached Storage (NAS) are supported.
- Log: Container Service supports automatic log collection and Log Service integration.
- Monitoring: Container Service supports monitoring containers and virtual machines (VMs).
- Scheduling: Container Service supports strategies such as high availability across zones and rescheduling of abnormal nodes.
- Routing: Container Service supports forwarding of Layer-4 and Layer-7 requests and their bindings to backend containers.
- Sub-account: Container Service supports Random Access Memory (RAM) authorization management for clusters.
Container Service is compatible with:
- Standard Docker API.
- Docker Swarm 1.2.6.
- Docker Engine CE 17.03.1.
- Docker Compose V1/V2/V3.
Container Service has the unique value-added ability of Alibaba Cloud environment to provide you with better experience.
- Integrates with VPC to provide secure and high-performance deployment plans that support hybrid cloud.
- Extends Docker Compose template definition to enhance lifecycle management.
- Integrates with Server Load Balancer to provide containers with access ability.
Container Service can easily deal with the upstream and downstream delivery process by using the high available scheduling strategy.
Container Service supports:
- Affinity strategy and horizontal scaling of services.
- High availability across zones and disaster recovery.
- The Open APIs for cluster and application management to easily connect with the continuous integration and private deployment system.