This topic describes how to add an ECS instance to a scale group.
If you add an ECS instance manually, the instance must meet the following conditions:
- The ECS instance is in the same region as the scaling group.
- The ECS instance is not in any other scaling group.
- The ECS instance is Running.
- The ECS instance can be the classic type or VPC, but has the following restrictions:
- If the scaling group is the classic type, only classic type instances can be added.
- If the scaling group is the VPC type, only instances belonging to the same VPC can be added.
To add an ECS instance, the scaling group must meet the following conditions:
- The scaling group is active.
- The scaling group is not executing any scaling activity.
For detailed ECS instance configuration, see create a scaling configuration.
You can add ECS instances in two ways:
- Perform a scaling rule to automatically create one or more ECS instances. Automatically created ECS instances automatically meet the current scaling configuration. You do not have to worry about specification limitations.
- Manually add one or more ECS instances. The manually added ECS instance configuration is not associated with the current scaling configuration.
You can skip the cool-down time if you add ECS instances manually. The procedure of adding ECS instances manually is shown as follows.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- On the Scale Groups page, click Manage in the Actions column next to the specified scaling group.
- Go to the ECS Instances page, click Add Existing Instance.
- Select the available ECS instances from the list on the left, click > to to the instances to the scaling group, and then click OK.
- Go to the Manually Add page to view the result.
Note If the page does not refresh automatically, click Refresh in the upper-right corner of the page.