This topic describes how to manually or automatically execute a scaling rule to scale ECS instances.
- You have no overdue payments within your account.
Notice If you have overdue payments within your account, all scaling activities fail to be executed. Make sure that you have sufficient balance within your account to ensure the service availability of Auto Scaling.
- The scaling group to which the scaling rule belongs is in the Enabled state.
- Scaling activities of the scaling group to which the scaling rule belongs meet the
- If the expected number of instances feature is disabled, no scaling activities are in progress in the scaling group.
- If the expected number of instances feature is enabled, no non-parallel scaling activities are in progress in the scaling group. For more information, see Expected number of instances.
Manually execute a scaling rule
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the scaling group and use one of the following methods to open the details page
of the scaling group:
- Click the ID of the scaling group in the Scaling Group Name/ID column.
- In the Actions column corresponding to the scaling group, click Details.
- In the upper part of the page, click the Scaling Rules tab.
- Find the scaling rule and click Execute in the Actions column.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
Execute a scaling rule by using a scheduled task
If your business uses ECS instances on a regular basis, you can create a scheduled task to execute a scaling rule. Auto Scaling automatically executes the scaling rule at the specified point in time. For information about how to create a scheduled task, see Create a scheduled task.