This topic describes how to delete a scaling configuration. If you no longer need a scaling configuration, you can delete it.
To delete a scaling configuration, make sure that the scaling configuration meets the following conditions:
- The scaling configuration is in the Inactive state.
- The scaling group does not contain ECS instances that were created by using the scaling configuration.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- You can use either of the following methods to open the details page of a scaling
- In the Scaling Group Name/ID column, click a scaling group name.
- Click Manage in the Actions column corresponding to a scaling group.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instance Configuration Source.
- Find the target scaling configuration and click Delete in the Actions column.
- Click OK.