This topic describes how to create a scaling configuration.
The process of creating a scaling configuration is similar to creating an ECS instance, but some configuration items are not supported, such as region. Follow the console to perform operations. Each configuration on the page is provided with a brief description. For more information about the meaning and usage, see create an instance by using the wizard.
Follow these steps to create a scaling configuration:
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console, and click Manage in the Actions column.
- Go to the Scaling Configuration page, and click Create Scaling Configuration.
- On the Basic Configuration page, configure the billing method, instance, image, storage, public network bandwidth, and security group, and then click Next: System Configuration.
- On the System Configuration page, configure the tab (optional), logon credential, instance name (optional), and advanced options (optional), and then click Confirm.
Note Advanced options include instance RAM roles and user-defined data. You can configure the advanced options only for VPC-connected scaling groups.
- On the Confirm page, check the selected configurations, enter the scaling configuration names, and then click Create.
- In the Created successfully dialog box, click Enable Configuration. If you do not want to use the scaling configuration now, you can close the dialog box.
After successful creation, you can view and select the scaling configurations in the scaling configuration list.