In a scaling group, you can create multiple scaling configurations, but you can only apply one of these scaling configurations.
A scaling configuration includes many configuration items. You can obtain the overview of a scaling configuration by using the View Details function to ensure that an appropriate ECS instance template is applied.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling Console.
- On the Scaling Groups page, click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Instance Configuration Source.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Instance Configuration Source. On the Scaling Configurations tab, locate the scaling configuration to be applied, and click View Details in the Actions column.
- If you decide to apply the scaling configuration, click Apply in the Actions column.
Note After you apply a scaling configuration, the status of the other scaling configurations will switch to Inactive.
After you apply a scaling configuration, ECS instances that are created later will be automatically based on the scaling configuration in a scaling group when the specified scaling condition is met.