To create a complete Auto Scaling solution, complete the following steps:
- Create a scaling group. Configure the minimum and maximum number of ECS instances in the scaling group, and select the associated Server Load Balancer and RDS instances.
- Create scaling configuration. Configure the ECS instances attributes for Auto Scaling, such as Image ID and Instance Type.
- Enable the scaling group with the scaling configuration created in Step 2.
- Create a scaling rule. For example, add N ECS instances.
- Create a scheduled task. For example, to trigger the scaling rule created in Step 4 at 12:00 AM.
- Create an alarm task (CloudMonitor API PutAlarmRule). For example, to add 1 ECS instance when the average (it can also be max or min) CPU usage is greater than or equal to 80%.