This topic describes how to delete or unbind a tag in the ECS console. This allows you to unbind a tag from a resource when it is no longer required. If you unbind a tag from a resource and the tag is not bound to any other resources, this tag is automatically deleted.
The resource is bound to a tag.
- You can unbind up to 20 tags at a time.
- If you unbind a tag from all its resources, such as ECS instances, snapshots, and security groups, it indicates that this tag is deleted.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Tags.
- On the Tags tab, select and click a tag key.
- On the Resources tab, click a resource type. For example, you can click ECS to go to the list of ECS resources.
- Select one or more resources, move the pointer over Batch Operation, and click Unbind Tags.
- On the Resources tab, click Refresh to check whether the tags are unbound.