This topic describes how to delete a security group rule that is no longer needed to allow or deny access to instances in a security group.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Security Groups page, find the security group from which you want to delete a security group rule and click Add Rules in the Actions column.
- Click a tab based on the network type of the security group.
- If the network type of the security group is Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), click the Inbound or Outbound tab.
- If the network type of the security group is classic network, click the Inbound, Outbound, Internet Ingress, or Internet Outbound tab.
- Find the security group rule that you want to delete and click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the Delete Security Group Rule message, click OK.