An automatic snapshot policy is a set of defined parameters for automatically creating snapshots.
If you want to modify an automatic snapshot policy, you must first create an automatic snapshot policy.
To create an automatic snapshot policy, perform the following:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- On the Create Automatic Snapshot Polic page.
- If you want to create a policy: Click Create Policy in the upper-right corner.
- If you want to modify a policy: find the policy that you want to modify, in the Actionscolumn, click Modify Policy.
- In the Create Policy , or Modify Policy dialog box, define an automatic snapshot policy:
- Define automatic snapshot policy parameters:
- Select Time Defines the time of day for automatically creating snapshots. There are 24 snapshot creation points available between 00:00 and 23:00.
- Repeated day: There are seven available repetition day configurations.
- Select the automatic snapshot Retention period: Defines the number of days a snapshot can be retained. This parameter can be set between 1−65536 days, or permanently. By default, it is set to 30 days. You can also choose to keep automatic snapshots.
Note When the number of snapshots reaches the limit, the system automatically removes the oldest automatic snapshots that were created. Manually created snapshots are not affected.
- Click OK.