An automatic snapshot policy is a set of defined parameters for automatically creating snapshots.
- We recommend you set the automatic snapshot creation time and repeat date during off-peak business hours to avoid interruptions to your business services.
- You can create a maximum of 100 automatic snapshot policies per region.
You must have created an automatic snapshot policy.
To create an automatic snapshot policy, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- On the Automatic Snapshot Policies page, perform the following action as required:
- If you want to create a policy, click Create Policy at the upper-right corner.
- If you want to modify a policy, find the policy that you want to modify, and click Modify Policy in the Actions column.
- In the Create Policy or Modify Policy dialog box, define the automatic snapshot policy as follows.
- Enter a policy name.
- Select a time after Executed At to specify the time of day for automatically creating snapshots.
- Specify the Execution Frequency.
- Set a number after Keep Snapshots to defines the number of days a snapshot can be retained. The value range is 1−65535 days, or permanently. By default, it is set to 30 days. You can also choose to permanently retain automatic snapshots.
Note When the number of snapshots reaches the limit, the system automatically removes the oldest automatic snapshots created. Manually created snapshots are not removed.
- Click OK.