An automatic snapshot policy is a set of defined parameters for automatically creating snapshots.
- We recommend you set the automatic snapshot creation time and repeat date during off-peak business hours to avoid interruptions to your business services.
- You can create a maximum of 100 automatic snapshot policies per region.
You must have created an automatic snapshot policy.
To create an automatic snapshot policy, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- On the Create Automatic Snapshot Policy page, perform the following action as required:
- If you want to create a policy, click Create Policy at the upper-right corner.
- If you want to modify a policy, find the policy that you want to modify, and click Modify Policy in the Actions column.
- In the Create Policy or Modify Policy dialog box, define the automatic snapshot policy as follows.
- Enter a policy name.
- Select a time after Executed At to specify the time of day for automatically creating snapshots.
- Specify the Execution Frequency.
- Set a number after Keep Snapshots to defines the number of days a snapshot can be retained. The value range is 1−65535 days, or permanently. By default, it is set to 30 days. You can also choose to permanently r retain utomatic snapshots.
Note When the number of snapshots reaches the limit, the system automatically removes the oldest automatic snapshots created. Manually created snapshots are not removed.
- Click OK.