An automatic snapshot policy is a set of defined parameters for automatically creating snapshots.
If you want to modify an automatic snapshot policy, you must first create an automatic snapshot policy.
To create an automatic snapshot policy, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select .
- On the Create Automatic Snapshot Policy page,
- if you want to create a policy, click Create Policy at the upper-right corner.
- if you want to modify a policy, find the policy that you want to modify, and click Modify Policy in the Actions column.
- In the Create Policy or Modify Policy dialog box, define the automatic snapshot policy:
- Enter a policy name.
- Select a time after Executed At to specify the time of day for automatically creating snapshots. There are 24 time points available between 00:00 and 23:00.
- Specify the Execution Frequency. There are seven repetition days available.
- Set a period after Keep Snapshots to defines the number of days a snapshot can be retained. This parameter can be set between 1−65535 days, or permanently. By default, it is set to 30 days. You can also choose to keep automatic snapshots always.
Note When the number of snapshots reaches the limit, the system automatically removes the oldest automatic snapshots created. Manually created snapshots are not affected.
- Click OK.