This topic describes how to monitor the IOPS and throughput of a cloud disk within a specified time range in the ECS console.
- IOPS: input/output operations per second, is the number of write or read operations that the block storage can perform per second. You must view IOPS data if transaction-intensive applications are employed on the disk.
- Throughput: measures the amount of data transferred per second. Unit: MB/s. You must view throughput data if applications requiring numerous sequential read/write operations are employed on the disk.
If you have installed CloudMonitor for the ECS instance to which the disk is attached, you can view the disk usage, IOPS, and throughput in CloudMonitor. For more information, see Host monitoring.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target cloud disk and click its ID to go to the Disk Details page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Disk Monitoring.
- On the Monitoring Information page, click the icon to set the start and end time. You can view the monitoring information of the
cloud disk for the past 15 days.
- View the IOPS and throughput data of the cloud disk. You can click individual charts
to view the data of each metric.