This article describes how to use the Reset Password feature to specify a new logon password for an instance.
The instance must be in a stable status, such as Stopped and Running. For more information, see ECS instance life cycle.
To reset a password for one or multiple ECS instances, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Select the target region.
- According to the number of instances to be operated, do the following:
To reset the password for one instance, find the target instance and, in the Actions column, select .
To reset the passwords for multiple instances, select the target instances and, under the instance list, click Reset Password.
- Specify a new valid password, and click Submit.
- To make the password change take effect, change the instance status to one of the following:
- Running: Restart an instance in the console.
- Stopped: Start the instance in the console.