You can upgrade a Subscription-billed instance type.
you can also:
- Convert the billing method of data disksfrom Pay-As-You-Go to Subscription. The billing method of system disks cannot be changed.
- Change the Internet bandwidth. This applies to the instances in a classic network and instances in a VPC that are not bound with EIPs. If you do not purchase Internet bandwidth when creating an instance, no public IP address is assigned. In this case, you can use this feature to assign a public IP address to the instance when needed.
After upgrading the configuration, you must make up the difference for the rest of the current billing cycle.
This feature has the following limits:
Only applicable to Subscription instances.
You can upgrade an instance multiple times, but the time period between each upgrade must be at least five minutes.
You must upgrade both the vCPU cores and memory size of an instance type. That is, you cannot upgrade one item separately.
Not supported within or between such instance type families: d1, d1ne, i1, i2, ga1, gn5, f1, f2, f3, ebmc4, ebmg5, sccg5, and scch5. For the instance type families that support this feature and the rules for upgrading instance types, see instance type families that support upgrading instance types.
This feature can be used to change the Internet bandwidth only for VPC instances bound with no EIPs and classic network instances.
You can change the billing method from Pay-As-You-Go to Subscription only for data disks, not for system disks.
In the current billing cycle, if you have already performed the renewal for configuration downgrade operation, you cannot upgrade the configuration until a new billing cycle begins.
After upgrading an instance type or changing the Internet bandwidth of a classic network instance from 0 Mbps to a non-zero value for the first time, you must restart the instance on the console or through the RebootInstance API to activate the new configuration.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Select a region.
- Select the Subscription instance to upgrade and, in the Actions column, click Change Configuration.
- Select Upgrade Configuration and click Continue.
- On the Upgrade Configuration page, perform any of the following operations:
- Select a new Instance Type.
Note The page displays all the new instance types that are available for your instance.
- If a Pay-As-You-Go-billed data disk is attached to your instance, you can convert its billing method to Subscription.
- If the instance is a classic network instance, or is VPC-Connected and not bound with an EIP, you can modify its Internet bandwidth.
Note If you do not purchase Internet bandwidth when creating an instance, no public IP address is assigned. In this case, you can use this feature to assign a public IP address to the instance when needed.
- Select a new Instance Type.
- Confirm your order details, and then click Create Order. Follow additional instructions as required.
- After upgrading an instance type or changing the Internet bandwidth of a classic network instance from 0 Mbps to a non-zero value for the first time, you must restart the instance through the console or through the RebootInstance API to activate the new configuration.
Note You do not have to restart a VPC instance if this upgrade configuration is the first time its Internet bandwidth is increased from 0 Mbps to a non-zero value.
You can also use the DescribeResourcesModification API to query the instance types that can be upgraded.