You can deploy the Windows application environment on an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance by using an image that contains the operating system and applications. This topic describes how to deploy the Windows application environment on an ECS instance by replacing the image of the instance.
Alibaba Cloud Marketplace images contain operating systems and applications and can be used to deploy application environments of ECS instances. For more information, see Alibaba Cloud Marketplace.
You can use one of the following methods to use Alibaba Cloud Marketplace images that contain the Windows application environment:
- If you are creating an instance, you can select an Alibaba Cloud Marketplace image that contains the Windows application environment. For more information, see Creation method overview.
- If you are using an existing instance, you can replace the operating system of the instance by using an Alibaba Cloud Marketplace image that contains the Windows application environment.
- You cannot install or deploy virtualization software such as KVM, Xen, or VMware on ECS instances.
- After the operating system is replaced, the original system disk is released and data on the system disk is lost. Exercise caution when you replace the operating system. For more information, see Replace the operating system of an instance by using a non-public image.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Replace the system disk of the ECS instance.
- Find the instance for which you want to replace the system disk. In the Actions column, choose .
- In the Replace System Disk message, click OK.
- On the Change Operating System page, set Image to Marketplace Image, and click Select from Image Market (Including Operating System).
- In the left-side navigation pane, select All Categories or enter the image that you want to use and click Search. Select the image and click Use.
- Set the logon password of the ECS instance. Enter the password in the Logon Password field and enter the password again in the Confirm field.
- In the lower part of the Change Operating System page, read and select ECS Service Terms and Terms of Service for Images, and then click Create Order.
Click Back to Instance List to go back to the Instances page. The instance automatically starts. Connect to the instance, and you can use the Windows application environment. For more information about how to connect to an instance, see Connection methods.