You can deploy Windows on the ECS instance by using an image that integrates the OS and applications. This topic describes how to deploy Windows on an ECS instance by changing its image.
You must have registered an Alibaba Cloud account before you follow the instructions provided in the tutorial. If not, create a new Alibaba Cloud account first.
You can deploy the application environment on an ECS instance manually or by using an image from Alibaba Cloud Marketplace based on your business needs. Images in Alibaba Cloud Marketplace integrate the OS and applications. We recommend that you use images from the Marketplace to deploy Windows.
- You cannot install or deploy virtualization software such as KVM, Xen, and VMware on ECS.
- When the system disk of an ECS instance is changed, its data disk is not affected. We recommend that you back up your personal data on the system disk to the data disk or elsewhere by using other methods.
- When the system disk of an ECS instance is changed, all data on the system disk is deleted. Automatic snapshots backed up by ECS might also be deleted depending on your settings. For more information, see Delete automatic snapshots when releasing a disk. Ensure that you have backed up your data before changing the system disk.
- The IP address of the ECS instance remains unchanged even when the system disk is changed.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Change the system disk of the ECS instance.
- In the Actions column of the Instances page, choose .
- In the Replace System Disk dialog box that appears, click OK.
- In the Image Type section, select Marketplace Image, and click Select from image market (including operating system).
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Image Category or enter the image that you want to use and click Search. Select the target image and click Apply.
- Set the logon password for the ECS instance. Enter the password in the Login Password field and enter the password again in the Confirm Password field.