Alibaba Cloud integrates Classic Load Balancer (CLB) with Log Service to provide the fine-grained monitoring feature. You can query monitoring information, such as traffic, connection per second (CPS), and error percentage, about CLB by using Layer 4 listener metrics. Fine-grained monitoring provides you with detailed monitoring information, and allows you to troubleshoot issues.
After CLB delivers logs to Log Service, you are charged by Log Service based on the storage space, read traffic, requests, data processing, and log data delivered to Log Service. For more information, see Log Service pricing.
- Make sure that Log Service is enabled.
- A TCP or UDP listener is configured for the CLB instance. For more information, see Add a TCP listener or Add a UDP listener.
- In the region where the CLB instance is deployed, a Log Service project and a Metricstore are created. For more information, see Create a project and Create a Metricstore.
Enable fine-grained monitoring
- Log on to the CLB console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the CLB instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, find the CLB instance that you want to manage, click its ID, and then click the Fine-grained Monitoring tab.
- Enable fine-grained monitoring for the current region. If fine-grained monitoring is already enabled in the current region, skip this step.
- On the Fine-grained Monitoring tab, click Enable Fine-grained Monitoring.
- In the Enable Fine-grained Monitoring for SLB dialog box, select the project and Metricstore that you created, select I understand the above information, and then click OK. Notice
- When you perform this operation, the system automatically creates a RAM role named AliyunServiceRoleForSlbLogDelivery. CLB can assume this role to deliver fine-grained monitoring metrics to Log Service.
- Do not revoke authorization or delete the RAM role. Otherwise, fine-grained monitoring metrics cannot be delivered to Log Service.
- Enable fine-grained monitoring for the TCP or UDP listener.
Note After you enable fine-grained monitoring, Log Service receives monitoring information about CLB with a delay of about 5 seconds.
- Choose .
- On the Settings tab, turn on the Fine-grained Monitoring switch for the TCP or UDP listener.
What to do next
After Log Service collects monitoring data about CLB , you can query, analyze, download, transfer, and process the data in the Log Service console. In addition, you can set alerts. For more information, see Common operations on logs of Alibaba Cloud services.
Descriptions of metrics
The metrics described in this topic use the format of time series data. For more information, see Time series.
You can query and analyze time series data by using PromQL or SQL. For more information, see Overview of time series search and analytics.
|actConnsPS||Active connections per second|
|connsPS||New connections per second|
|dropConnPS||Dropped connections per second|
|failConnPS||Failed connections per second|
|inActConnPS||Short-lived connections per second|
|inBitsPS||Inbound bits per second. Unit: bit/s|
|inDropBitsPS||Inbound bits that are dropped per second. Unit: bit/s|
|inDropPktsPS||Inbound packets that are dropped per second|
|inPktsPS||Inbound packets per second|
|aclDropBitsPS||Inbound bits that are dropped per second due to ACL throttling. Unit: bit/s|
|aclDropPktsPS||Inbound packets that are dropped per second due to ACL throttling|
|maxConnsPs||Concurrent connections per second|
|outBitsPS||Outbound bits per second. Unit: bit/s|
|outDropBitsPS||Outbound bits that are dropped per second. Unit: bit/s|
|outDropPktsPS||Outbound packets that are dropped per second|
|lbId||The ID of the CLB instance|
|listenerId||The ID of the listener|
|vip||The IP address of the listener|
|vport||The port of the listener|