Dear Alibaba Cloud users,
From July 12, 2021, Alibaba Cloud starts to roll out updates based on Bastionhost V3.2.20. The features of Bastionhost V3.2.20 include new features and the features that are optimized based on V3.2.18.
- O&M is supported for LANs and optimized for hybrid scenarios in which data centers, heterogeneous clouds, and virtual private clouds (VPCs) are involved. This feature is available in HA Edition.
- The alert notification feature is supported. Notifications are sent in the following scenarios: commands are approved or rejected, passwords are changed, storage alerts are reported, shared keys expire, or weekly reports are generated.
- O&M logs can be backed up and exported.
- Custom: You can specify a custom period during which you want to update your bastion host.
The period must be within the Available update periods for the region of your bastion host. For more information, see Update a bastion host.
Notice If you choose the automatic mode, your bastion host is updated during a default period. Bastionhost randomly determines default periods based on Available update periods.
If you want to update your bastion host during a custom period, we recommend that you specify the custom period at the beginning of the Available update periods for the region of your bastion host. If you do not specify the custom period at the beginning of the available update period, your bastion host may be automatically updated when a default period starts.
- Automatic: Your bastion host is automatically updated when a default period starts. If you
do not specify a custom period for an update, your bastion host is automatically updated
during a default period.
Notice The default period may overlap with the peak hours of your business. This may affect your business. To prevent business interruptions, we recommend that you specify a custom period during which the impact of an update is minimized.
If your bastion host is being updated, it is in the Updating Configuration state, and your business may be interrupted for a few seconds. We recommend that you specify a custom period to update your bastion host in the off-peak hours of your business.
Available update periods
The available update periods vary based on the region of your bastion host. The following table lists available update periods for specific regions.
|Available update period||Region|
|2021-07-12 to 2021-07-16||The following regions support updates during this period:
|2021-07-19 to 2021-07-23||The following regions support updates during this period:
|2021-07-26 to 2021-07-30||The following regions support updates during this period:
|2021-08-02 to 2021-08-12||The following regions support updates during this period: