This topic describes how to modify the configuration of an instance that runs on a MyBase for PostgreSQL host. You can change the instance type and the storage capacity of the instance.
- When you modify the configuration of an instance, one or two 30-second transient connections may occur. During a transient connection, you cannot perform most operations related to databases, accounts, or networks. We recommend that you modify the configuration of an instance during off-peak hours. Alternatively, make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to the instance.
- After you modify the configuration of a primary instance, all the read-only instances associated with the primary instance are automatically restarted.
- After you modify the configuration of a MyBase for PostgreSQL read-only instance, transient connections occur. The read-only instance does not restart.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the deployment region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the dedicated cluster that you want to manage and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation tree, click Instances. Find the instance for which you want to modify the configuration and choose .
- Modify the instance type or storage capacity of the instance, specify the time when the modification takes effect, and then click OK.
- On the page that appears, complete the payment.