This topic describes how to upgrade the specifications of an ApsaraDB for MyBase instance to improve overall performance for short-term use. This helps you handle traffic spikes during events, such as 6.18 Midyear Shopping Festival and Double 11. For example, you can increase the number of CPU cores and the amount of memory for your instance.
ApsaraDB for MyBase provides the elastic scaling feature. You can use this feature to increase the CPU cores, memory, and other resources for an ApsaraDB for MyBase instance for a specified short period of time. This improves the overall performance of the instance for short-term use. When the specified period of time ends, the system restores your instance to the specifications before the temporary upgrade.
- Temporary upgrades do not cause service interruptions or other negative effects.
- You must wait approximately 2 minutes for the temporary upgrade to take effect.
A MyBase for MySQL instance is created. For more information, see Create a MyBase for MySQL instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the RDS Dedicated Clusters page, select the region where the instance that you want to scale up is deployed.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the MyBase for MySQL dedicated cluster in which the instance to be scaled up is deployed, and click in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. Find the instance that you want to manage and choose in the Actions column.
- In the Set Instance Scaling panel, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Instance Information The basic information about the instance. You can view the following information:
- Instance ID
- Maximum Connections
Resource Type The resource that you want to adjust. You can select the following resources:
Set up resources The quantity of the resource after the scale-up operation. The resource that is added is the resource that is specified in the Resource Type parameter. Deadline of temporary dispatching The time when the resource specification restores to the specification before the upgrade. Restore to specification original configuration If you want to cancel upgrading a resource, click the checkbox for the selected resource.Note Skip this parameter if you do not need to cancel upgrading the selected resource.
- Click OK to complete the configuration.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes for the configuration to take effect. If you need to
view the modified specification of a resource, perform the following steps: Click
the ID of the instance for which you upgraded the specification. On the Basic Information page, view the specification in the Instance Resources section.