This topic describes how to modify the configuration of a MyBase for MySQL instance that runs on an ApsaraDB for MyBase host. You can change the zone, instance type, and storage capacity of your instance based on your business requirements.
A MyBase for MySQL instance is created. For more information, see Create a MyBase for MySQL instance.
- When you modify the configuration of your instance, one or two transient connections of approximately 30 seconds may occur. During a transient connection, you are unable to perform most operations related to databases, accounts, and networks. We recommend that you modify the configuration of your instance during off-peak hours. Alternatively, make sure that your application can automatically reconnect to the instance after a transient connection occurs.
- After you modify the configuration of a primary instance, the read-only instances attached to the primary instance restart.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create a dedicated
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the dedicated cluster that you want to manage, and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation tree, click Instances. On the page that appears, find the instance for which you want to modify the configuration, and choose .
- If you want to migrate a MyBase for MySQL instance, select the zone where the destination
host is deployed and the vSwitch to which the destination host is connected. Note You can select a zone from the Change Zone To drop-down list based on your business requirements. This drop-down list displays all zones where the hosts in the dedicated cluster are deployed. You can select a vSwitch from the VSwitch drop-down list based on your business requirements. This drop-down list displays all vSwitches to which the hosts in the selected zone are connected.
- Modify the instance type or storage capacity of the instance, specify the time when
the modification takes effect, and then click OK. Note
- If the instance uses enhanced SSDs, you must complete the payment on the page that appears.
- If the instance uses local SSDs, you do not need to pay additional fees. The storage fees of local SSDs are included in the fees that you paid to purchase the host on which the instance is deployed. If the instance is a High-availability Edition instance that uses local SSDs, you can scale down the storage.