PolarDB O Edition provides the cross-node parallel execution feature. If this feature is enabled, an SQL query can be run on multiple read-only nodes in a distributed manner. This improves the query performance of PolarDB O Edition, increases the I/O throughput of Polar File System (PolarFS), and increases the CPU utilization and memory usage of the read-only nodes.
Cross-node parallel execution provides the following benefits:
- Some hybrid transaction/analytical processing (HTAP) capabilities:
- Analytical queries on transaction processing (TP) data can be run in real time.
- The read-only nodes in which analytical queries are run are physically isolated from the read-only nodes in which transactional queries are run. This eliminates the impact on TP services.
- Elastic scaling enabled by the compute-storage separation architecture of PolarDB:
- Read-only nodes can be added on demand to increase computing resources. The added nodes are automatically included in the list of read-only nodes in which parallel execution is performed in a distributed manner, without the need for resharding.
- No data skew occurs.
This feature is applicable to business that requires simple analysis, such as reconciliation.
The minor kernel version of PolarDB O Edition must be later than V1.1.11. For more information about how to upgrade the minor kernel version, see Upgrade the minor version.