HTTPS is an extension of HTTP and is used for secure communication. This topic describes how to redirect HTTP requests to an HTTPS listener in the Application Load Balancer (ALB ) console.
Redirect HTTP requests to an HTTPS listener
- Log on to the ALB console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the ALB instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the ALB instance.
- On the Listener tab, find the HTTP listener and click View/Modify Forwarding Rule in the Actions column.
- Choose Add New Rule. , and click
- In the Add Forwarding Rules section, set the parameters.
In this example, the requests whose value in the Accept-Language header field is Chinese are redirected to https://www.test.com.Action: Select Redirect.
- Protocol: Select HTTPS.
- Port: Enter the port number of the HTTPS listener.
For more information about the parameters, see Manage forwarding rules for a listener.
- Click OK. After you complete the preceding steps, the requests whose value in the Accept-Language header field is Chinese are redirected from ALB domain names to https://www.test.com.