Before you use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase, you must create a dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase.
For more information about MyBase for PostgreSQL, see Overview.
- A dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase can be deployed only in one region.
- A dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase can be deployed only in one virtual private cloud (VPC).
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to deploy the dedicated cluster.
- On the Clusters page, click Create Dedicated Cluster.
- In the Create Dedicated Cluster panel, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Engine
The database engine of the dedicated cluster. Select PostgreSQL.
Dedicated Cluster Name The name of the dedicated cluster. VPC The VPC in which the dedicated cluster is deployed.Note
- If no options are available or you need to create a VPC, go to the VPC console to create a VPC.
- Make sure that the specified VPC can meet your business requirements. After the dedicated cluster is created, you cannot change the VPC. If you want to change the VPC, you must delete the cluster and create it in the desired VPC.
Resource Allocation Policy The default policy that is used to schedule resources in the dedicated cluster. Valid values:
- Balanced Allocation: Database instances are preferentially created on hosts that have the greatest amount of idle resources. This maximizes the cluster stability.
- Compact Allocation: Database instances are preferentially created on hosts that have been created earlier and have more resources allocated. This maximizes resource usage.
Grant OS Permissions Specifies whether to enable the feature that allows you to have OS permissions on the hosts.Note If you enable this feature for a dedicated cluster that runs the PostgreSQL database engine, you can log on to the hosts in the dedicated cluster to perform operations such as uploading, downloading, and installing software. Make sure that you select the desired option. After you create a dedicated cluster, you cannot change the setting of Grant OS Permissions.
- This step is required only when you create a dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase
for the first time.
When you create a dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase for the first time, the following message appears in the lower part of the page: You must authorize permissions on ECS ENIs and security groups. Click Authorize Now. On the Cloud Resource Access Authorization page, click Confirm Authorization Policy.Note After authorization, the AliyunRDSDedicatedHostGroupRole role appears on the RAM Roles page in the Resource Access Management console. If you want to use dedicated clusters in ApsaraDB for MyBase, retain the role. If the role is deleted, you must grant permissions again to create a dedicated cluster.
- Click OK.