Before you use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase, you must create hosts in your ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster and create instances on the hosts.
A MyBase for MySQL dedicated cluster is created in the region where you want to create hosts. For more information, see Create a MyBase for MySQL dedicated cluster.
For more information about host specifications, see Host specifications and pricing.
Requirements for deploying different editions of MyBase for MySQL instances
|MySQL 5.6||High-availability Edition||
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to deploy the dedicated cluster.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Hosts. On the page that appears, click Add Host.
- On the page that appears, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Product Type Select Dedicated Cluster.Note
- The fees of a host that uses local SSDs include the fees of all instances on the host.
- The fees of a host that uses enhanced SSDs (ESSDs) include only the computing fees. When you create an instance on the host, you must pay for the storage usage of ESSDs. We recommend that you select Storage Package to purchase a storage plan. This way, you can reduce your storage costs. A storage plan is billed based on the subscription billing method. You can use a storage plan to offset the storage costs of pay-as-you-go instances that are deployed in the same region as the storage plan.
Region The region where the host is deployed. By default, the region that you selected in Step 2 is used. Dedicated Cluster The dedicated cluster in which the host is created. Select the MyBase for MySQL dedicated cluster in which you want to create the host. Database Engine The database engine is MySQL by default. You cannot change the database engine. Zone The zone where the host is deployed. To improve service availability, we recommend that you deploy hosts in different zones. Host Image The OS image of the host. By default, AliLinux is used. Storage Type The storage type of the host. Host Instance Type The specifications of the host. Storage Capacity The storage capacity of the host. This parameter is available only if you set Storage Type to Local SSD. VPC The virtual private cloud (VPC) to which the host is connected. VSwitch The vSwitch to which the host is connected. If no vSwitches are available, follow the on-screen instructions to create a vSwitch. Quantity The number of hosts that you want to create. For more information, see Requirements for deploying different editions of MyBase for MySQL instances. Duration The subscription duration of the host. You can select Auto-renewal. The auto-renewal feature prevents the host from being released after the host expires. If this feature is enabled, the system renews the host based on the specified subscription duration. For example, if you specify a subscription duration of three months, the system renews the host once every three months.
- Click Buy Now. On the Confirm Order page, read and select the terms of service, and click Pay to complete the payment.
Manage a host in a MyBase for MySQL dedicated cluster
You can scan the following QR code to join a DingTalk group chat. In this group chat, you can obtain technical support from database experts, read success stories, and participate in live streaming sharing from experts.