Before you can use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase, create a dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase.
For more information about MyBase for SQL Server, see Overview.
- Each dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase can be deployed only in one region.
- A dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase can be connected only to one virtual private cloud (VPC).
- You cannot create dedicated clusters that run the SQL Server database engine in the following regions: China (Zhangjiakou), China (Hohhot), Australia (Sydney), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), US (Silicon Valley), US (Virginia), and India (Mumbai).
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to deploy the dedicated cluster.
- On the Clusters page, click Create Dedicated Cluster.
- In the Create Dedicated Cluster panel, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Engine
The database engine of the dedicated cluster. Select SQL Server.
Dedicated Cluster Name Enter the name of the dedicated cluster. VPC The VPC to which the dedicated cluster is connected.Note
- If no options are available or you need to create a VPC, log on to the VPC console to create a VPC.
- Make sure a VPC that meets your requirements is selected. After you create a dedicated cluster, you cannot change the VPC to which the dedicated cluster is connected. If you want to migrate the dedicated cluster to another VPC, you must delete the cluster and create the cluster in the VPC to which you want to migrate the dedicated cluster.
Resource Allocation Policy Specifies the default policy based on which the system allocates database instances in the dedicated cluster. Valid values: Grant OS Permissions Specifies whether to enable the feature that allows you to have permissions on the host OS.Note If you enable this feature for a dedicated cluster that runs the SQL Server database engine, you can log on to the hosts in the dedicated cluster to perform operations such as uploads, downloads, and installation of software. Make sure that you select a suitable option. After you create a dedicated cluster, you cannot change Grant OS Permissions.
- This step is required only when you create a dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase
for the first time.
When you create a dedicated cluster in ApsaraDB for MyBase for the first time, the following message appears in the lower part of the page: You must authorize permissions on ECS ENIs and security groups. Click Authorize Now. On the Cloud Resource Access Authorization page, click Confirm Authorization Policy.Note After authorization, the AliyunRDSDedicatedHostGroupRole role appears on the RAM Roles page in the Resource Access Management console. If you want to use dedicated clusters in ApsaraDB for MyBase, retain the AliyunRDSDedicatedHostGroupRole role. If the role is deleted, you must grant the permissions again to create a dedicated cluster.
- Click OK.