This topic describes how to create a cloud desktop in a workspace and how to assign the cloud desktop to a convenience user.
The following section describes how to create a pay-as-you-go cloud desktop. For some parameters, only the minimum or default configurations are used. For more information, see Create a cloud desktop.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, click Create Cloud Desktop.
- On the page that appears, configure the parameters for the cloud desktop.
The following table describes the related parameters.
Parameter Description Example Billing Method Select a billing method for the cloud desktop. Valid values:
- Subscription: a billing method that requires you to pay for the cloud desktop before you use it. This method is usually more cost-effective and allows you to reserve resources in advance.
- Pay-as-you-go: a billing method that allows you to pay for the cloud desktop after you use it. You are charged based on the usage duration.
For more information, see Billing overview.
Pay-as-you-go Name Enter a name for the cloud desktop. test-win001 Workspace Select a workspace in which you want to create the cloud desktop. test User Select the convenience user to which the cloud desktop is assigned. Alice Security Policy Select the default security policy. For more information, see Policy overview. system-all-enabled-policy Desktop Templates Select the default system template, which includes the settings of the vCPU, memory, GPU, system disk size, and data disk size. Basic Office - B 64-bit (2 vCPUs, 4 GiB memory, 80 GiB of system disk, and 70 GiB of data disk)
- Confirm the configuration fees and click Confirm Order.
- On the page that appears, confirm the configurations of the cloud desktop and click Create Order.