This topic describes the pricing rules of the backup and restoration features of PolarDB.
PolarDB allows you to use the backup and restoration features free of charge. However, backup files consume storage resources. Storage types include level-1 backup, level-2 backup, and log backup based on backup types. Prices vary with different storage types.
PolarDB provides free storage quotas for both level-1 backups and log backups. If your usage exceeds the quotas, you are charged by PolarDB for the amount of additional storage space consumed by the backups and the length of time for which the backups are retained.
Level-2 backups are paid services. You are charged by PolarDB for the amount of storage space consumed by the backups and the length of time for which the backups are retained.
The following table describes the prices.
|Region||Level-1 backup||Level-2 backup||Log backup|
|Regions inside mainland China||0.000464||0.0000325||0.0000325|
|The China (Hong Kong) region and regions outside China||0.000650||0.0000455||0.0000455|
If you modify data after the snapshots of your cluster are created, the amount of snapshot backups increases. In this case, you are charged for the additional backups. If data is modified during defragmentation, the amount of snapshot backups also increases.
- you are charged for 100 GB of data storage and 10 GB of snapshot storage.
- If you choose to retain the snapshots when you delete your database, you are charged for 100 GB of snapshot storage.
Reduce the charges for backup storage usage
PolarDB does not support the download of backup files to your PC. To reduce backup fees, you can use one of the following methods:
- Select an appropriate backup frequency: In the Backup Settings dialog box, set Backup Frequency to an appropriate value.
- Shorten the retention period of level-1 backups: In the Backup Settings dialog box, set Level-1 Backup in the Data Backup Retention Period section.
- Purchase storage plans to offset level-1 backup fees: You can use storage plans to offset the fees generated by level-1 backups, which are cost-effective. For more information, see Billing rules of data backups that exceed the free quota.
- (Not recommended)Submit a ticket to disable the level-1 backup feature.
Notice However, lost data may not be restored when you disable the level-1 backup feature. In this case, we recommend that you do not disable this feature.