This topic describes the updates to Alibaba Cloud Linux 3 images. The release notes
are ordered by release date, from the latest to the earliest.
Alibaba Cloud Linux 3.2104 64-bit base image is updated.
- Kernel updates: The kernel is updated to the 5.10.23-5.al8.x86_64 version.
Alibaba Cloud Linux 3.2104 64-bit base image is released.
- Kernel description:
- The kernel is based on the 5.10 kernel version supported in the Linux community. The 5.10.23-4.al8.x86_64 kernel version is used in the base image.
- The ARM 64-bit architecture supports the PV-Panic, PV-Unhalt, and PV-Preempt features.
- The ARM 64-bit architecture supports Kernel Live Patching (KLP).
- TCP-layer service monitoring (TCP-RT) is supported.
- The memcg backend asynchronous reclaim feature is supported.
- The memcg quality of service (QoS) and Pressure Stall Information (PSI) features implemented
based on cgroup v1 interfaces are supported.
- The cgroup writeback feature is supported.
- The monitoring of block I/O throttling is enhanced.
- An interface is provided to optimize JBD2 of ext4.
- The open source kernel of Alibaba Cloud is optimized and vulnerabilities in multiple
subsystems including the scheduler, memory, file system, and block layer are fixed.
- Image description:
- The base image is compatible with the CentOS 8 and RHEL 8 software ecosystems. Common
vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs) are fixed.
- GCC 10.2.1 and glibc 2.32 are supported.
- Python 3.6 and Python 2.7 are supported.
- AppStream is supported.
- Applicable regions: China (Hangzhou).