A host account is an account that exists in a host system. You can associate a host account with a bastion host. This way, you can log on to the host from the bastion host by using the associated host account. This simplifies host operations and maintenance (O&M).
- MySQL, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL is selected as the engine of an ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster.
- The Grant OS Permissions parameter is set to Enabled when you create the ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster. For more information, see Create a dedicated cluster.
- The host in the ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster is associated with the bastion host. For more information, see Create a bastion host.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to deploy the dedicated cluster.
- Find the dedicated cluster that you want to manage and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Bastion Hosts.
- On the page that appears, find the bastion host that you want to associate and click
Associate with Bastion Host in the Actions column.
- On the page that appears, find the host for which you want to create an account and click Add an account in the Host Account column.
- In the Create Host Account dialog box, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Username Enter an account name. The name must meet the following requirements:
- It must start with a lowercase letter and end with a letter or a digit.
- It can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_).
- It must be 2 to 16 characters in length.
- It cannot be an account name that is reserved by the system, for example, root or admin.
Account Type If the dedicated cluster runs the SQL Server engine, you can select one of the following account types:
Note For more information about host permissions, see Host permissions.
- Normal Account
Password Enter a password for the account. The password must meet the following requirements:
- It must contain at least three of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- It must be 6 to 32 characters in length.
- It can contain the following special characters: !@#$%^&*()_+-=
- Click Create.
Related API operations
|CreateDedicatedHostAccount||Creates a host account.|
|ModifyDedicatedHostAccount||Modifies a host account.|