You can call this operation to create a directory. This operation is applicable only to buckets that have the hierarchical namespace feature enabled.
- To create a directory, you must have the PutObject permission.
- When you create a directory, OSS returns 200 OK if the directory you want to create has the same name as an existing directory and you have the permissions to access the existing directory. However, OSS does not perform creation operations.
- When you create a directory, data cannot be imported to the directory. The Content-Length value of the directory can be set only to 0.
- The Content-Type value of the directory can be set only to application/x-directory, which cannot be modified.
- When you create a directory, the absolute path of the directory cannot contain consecutive forward slashes (/).
POST /objectName?x-oss-dir HTTP/1.1 Host: BucketName.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com Date: GMT Date Authorization: SignatureValue
|Authorization||String||No||Specifies that the request is authorized. For more information, see RFC 2616.
The Authorization header is required in most cases. However, if you use a signed URL in a request, this header is not required. For more information, see Generate a signed URL.
Default value: null
This API operation must also include common request headers such as Host and Date. For more information about common request headers, see Common request headers.
The response headers involved in this API operation contain only common response headers. For more information, see Common response headers.
POST /desktop/oss?x-oss-dir HTTP/1.1 Host: oss-example.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 05:21:12 GMT Authorization: OSS qn6qrrqxo2oawuk53otfjbyc:CTkuxpLAi4XZ+WwIfNm0Fmgb****
HTTP/1.1 200 OK x-oss-request-id: 559CC9BDC755F95A64485981 Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 05:21:12 GMT Last-Modified: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 06:07:48 GMT Content-Length: 0 Connection: keep-alive Server: AliyunOSS
OSS SDK for Java: Create directories
|Error code||HTTP status code||Description|
|FileAlreadyExists||409||The error message returned because an existing object at the same directory level has the same name. For example: The desktop directory contains an object named oss. You cannot create a directory named oss in the desktop directory.|