You can use ApsaraDB for Redis to persist data. Backups are automatically created based on the default backup policy. You can modify the policy to meet business requirements. You can also manually create temporary backups.
By default, ApsaraDB for Redis uses Redis database backup (RDB) snapshots to persist data. Data stored in memory is persisted to the disk at points in time. Data retrieval is not affected when ApsaraDB for Redis creates backups.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup and Recovery.
- Perform the operations that are described in the following table based on your business
Action Procedure Modify the automatic backup policy
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Backup Settings.
- In the dialog box that appears, specify Backup Cycle and Backup Time.
- Retention Days: The number of days for which you want to retain backups. This parameter is set to seven days and cannot be changed.
- Backup Cycle: You can select one or more days in a week. By default, one backup is created per day.
- Backup Time: You can specify a period of time within a day, in hours. We recommend that you back up data during off-peak hours.
- Click OK.
Manually create a temporary backup
- Click Create Backup in the upper-right corner.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
Related API operations
|CreateBackup||Manually creates the backup of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|
|DescribeBackupPolicy||Queries the backup policy of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance, which includes the backup cycle and backup time.|
|ModifyBackupPolicy||Modifies the backup policy of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|