HBase is a column-oriented distributed storage system that has high reliability, performance, and scalability. This topic describes how to use HBase in E-MapReduce (EMR).
You can use JindoFS or Object Storage Service (OSS) as the storage backend of HBase.
- Processes terabytes or even petabytes of data.
- Provides a high throughput.
- Supports efficient random reads of large amounts of data.
- Provides a high scalability.
- HMaster: deployed on the master node of an EMR cluster.
Note For a high-availability (HA) EMR cluster, two HMasters are deployed.
- RegionServer: deployed on the core and task nodes of an EMR cluster.
For more information about Apache HBase, visit the Apache HBase official website.